Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Baby Emma Liu arrives!




January 2nd, 2009

Emma blessed us with her presence at 4:42pm at 8lbs 9ozs & 21.5 inches.

Our day started at 4am - we were to be at the hospital by 6:00am for the induction. But with Gavin's promptness we arrived at 5:30am. The hospital was packed so they didn't get me into a bed till 8:30am and that was in the shared room. I finally got into a private delivery room about 10 - and they started the induction around 10:30am.

Everything was going swimmingly and contractions were going strong. I started to feel the contractions, screaming and crying from the pain. They asked me to walk around and to breathe thru the pain, but I couldn't do it. I begged them for the epidural and they were hesitant cause they said it's too early and the epidural might slow down the contractions. But the contractions didn't slow down and delivered Emma about 5 hours later.

Gavin was amazing throughout the process. He saw the epidural, held my right leg during birth watching Emma emerged, all the while telling me what was going on. We were scared cause they kept saying the induction works differently for each person and some people have gone thru 12 hours without delivering and ended up with a C-Section.

We could not have asked for a more smooth delivery and such a healthy baby.

The following pics are from the hospital, that's me between contractions and Emma's first photos when she arrived.

No comments: