Tuesday, December 30, 2008

39 weeks - December 30th, 2009


Spent most of the day in the hospital with appointments today.

11:00am - Diabetes doctor said my blood sugar looks good. And we agreed that we can wait for baby to decide when he/she wants to come out.

11:30am - Non-stress test - Everything looks good, baby is active and I'm having contractions, but I didn't feel them.

1:00pm - Sonogram - baby falls asleep. Even with many attempts for the tech to wake the baby, baby stayed asleep. After half an hour of trying to wake the baby, the tech asked us to take a walk for half an hour. Of course the minute I leave the room, baby kicks. I went out and got a cup of decaf coffee and cake to wake the baby up. When we got back into the sonogram room, the baby goes back to sleep! Tech said the baby weighs 8lbs 10ozs! Diabetes doctor is worried about the baby gaining too much weight, and suggests that we be induced within the next 2-3 days. Of course my obyn is on vacation and we had to track down his covering doctor - Dr. Blank. Dr. Blank calls me back in about an hour and tells me he scheduled me for an induction for Friday, January 2nd, 2009. I wanted to go naturally but they're afraid of the baby tipping over 9lbs and having delivery problems.

We decided to go ahead and get induced with Dr. Blank. Thought about going in Dec 31st, but the hospital is packed to the gills. I rather go to the hospital when they are less hectic and have time to spend with you. Sharon - a nurse at Roosevelt will be telling the nurses on duty to take care of us. = ).

No comments: